The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) is a non-political organization of the National Agricultural Research Institutes (NARIs) of ten countries: Burundi, D. R. Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. It aims at increasing the efficiency of agricultural research in the region so as to facilitate economic growth, food security and export competitiveness through productive and sustainable agriculture.
ASARECA's primary goal is to facilitate agricultural research in ECA that will promote agriculture oriented towards markets and income generation. Its secondary goal is to serve as the main forum where strategies and ideas for agricultural research and their relationship to agricultural development in the sub-region are conceived and exchanged.
• Performance driven governance and management structures and systems established and operational
• Generation and uptake of demand driven technologies and innovations facilitated
• Policy options for enhancing the performance of the agricultural sector in the ASARECA sub-region facilitated
• Capacity for implementing agricultural research in the IAR4D paradigm in the ASARECA sub-region strengthened
• Availability of information on agricultural innovation enhanced
To find out more about ASARECA, please visit their website here: